What to Look for in a Shampoo for Thinning Hair
April 18, 2019Thinning hair affects many people for many different reasons and to varying degrees. But whatever the reasons and the type of hair thinning you are experiencing; your haircare needs to change. Once you notice that your hair is lifeless, flat, brittle, or even falling out in clumps, it's time to switch from regular shampoo and conditioner to special formulas to protect your already frail hair.
Don't settle for regular shampoos, get the right thinning hair solutions to strengthen your hair. Keep reading to learn exactly what to look for in a shampoo for thinning hair.
1. Zero harsh chemicalsBy "harsh chemicals" we specifically refer to sulfate surfactants and parabens. Sulfate surfactants are industrial detergents with the ability to attract both water and oils. Some of the molecules in sulfates attract the oils and dirt in hair and scalp, while the others stick to water. That's how they do away with oil, emulsify it, and rinse it out. the bad part is that sulfates have the ability to permeate even into the hair cortex, which translates into dryness and brittleness, and sometimes other derived conditions such as dandruff and even hair thinning or extreme breakage. There's a good reason why all hair experts recommend using a sulfate-free shampoo for any hair type, and thinning hair is obviously no exception.
Parabens are also haircare enemies to watch out for. Even though they have been used for a long time as preservatives thanks to their antifungal and antibacterial properties, some experts claim that it has cumulative effects on the body, which can end up causing hormonal imbalances. For your overall health, it can't harm to follow the experts' advice and avoid these chemicals, especially when you have thinning hair.
2. Naturally strengthening and thickening ingredientsYou can always find a cure in nature, so we recommend thinning hair products with natural ingredients. There are professional products that have added such ingredients to their exclusive formulas, and then there are Do-It-Yourself concoctions to strengthen your tresses. Here are some of the best ingredients to look out for:
- Protein: as you may know, the hair is mainly composed of keratin, a structure with a high content in keratin. The proteins from egg whites can help coat the hair shaft and make it thicker (products with albumin or albumen extract are the ones you need).
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid or panthenol) is another must for thinning hair. This ingredient strengthens hair.
- Essential oils: rosemary oil and ginger oil are said to be beneficial for circulation (which, in turn, stimulates hair growth) when used frequently to massage the scalp. Tea tree oil and peppermint oil have antiseptic properties, so they keep scalp clean and fresh.
- Herbal extracts: buchu leaf extract has remarkable antiseptic properties to control oily hair and is a great addition to any thinning hair shampoo that is special for thinning hair. Horsetail extract is known for being beneficial to hair growth.
3. VarietySometimes hair thinning shampoo is not designed for specific hair types, but it's advisable to find one brand that caters to the needs of each hair type as well as address hair thinning issues. Otherwise, the needs of your basic hair type will be neglected. Make sure you get specific thinning hair care for your hair type. Try this thinning hair shampoo for damaged hair and this one for oily hair . Similarly, you shouldn't neglect treatments, so use serums and deep conditioning products at least once a week if your hair is dry and twice a month if your hair is oily.
4. Convenience and practicalityNo one wants or has the time to change their daily routine dramatically just because they are using complicated and time-consuming thinning hair solutions. Use only products that won't take too much time and effort on your part but will have great results. daily hair care with shampoo and conditioner is the first step to achieve amazing results.
5. PopularityIt's true that you should take highly enthusiastic product reviews with a grain of salt, but it's also true that the more people use thinning hair shampoo, the more likely it is to live up to expectations. So read reviews carefully and then choose the best product accordingly.
We hope our advice helps you make a wise and informed decision in your search for the perfect thinning hair shampoo. The Cosmetic Republic USA has the perfect thinning hair solutions: free of sulfates and parabens, for different hair types, and complemented with extra treatments. Call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form on this website for information about our products. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news about hair care right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair solutions? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA, Twitter @TheCosmeticrUSA and Instagram @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA