The Best Way to Thicken Hair
May 13, 2019Many people look in the mirror and don't like their thin, fine, and scarce hair. Instead, they wish they had a thick and glossy mane. Nothing can beat the feeling of having great hair, so people want to find treatments or that miracle hair thickener to transform their look from forgettable to fierce.
There isn't a single best way to thicken hair, as there are several remedies for thin, lifeless hair according to the reason why your hair is thinned out. Regardless of your available budget or your personal preferences, we are here to propose a few ways to thicken your locks and strut the luscious look you've always wanted.
The Best Way to Thicken Hair with AlopeciaAlopecia affects a high proportion of the population and becomes more noticeable among middle-aged people. Thin, fragile hair that looks wispy and gets shorter is one of the main signs of alopecia. This happens because the hair follicle goes through a progressive debilitation that yields thinner and thinner hair until it cannot grow anymore.
It is important to be realistic about the expectations that alopecia patients set when looking to thicken hair. The very first step is always a full medical consultation to rule out underlying causes of hair loss such as hormonal imbalances, and then a dermatologic consultation for a more specific diagnose of alopecia. If the diagnose turns out to be male or female pattern alopecia, thickening treatments will only manage to maintain hair follicle health for so long. The time inevitably comes when follicle miniaturization might be hard to reverse or stall.
However, it is still possible to strengthen hair follicles and increase circulation with these treatments:
- Laser units: they penetrate the scalp and stimulate the follicles, which in turn activates circulation and lengthens anagen (growth phase).
- Scalp massage: use essential oils like rosemary and lavender often to make sure circulation keeps going and strengthening weak hair follicles.
- Rogaine or Minoxidil: these over-the-counter products are applied topically to get hair growth but cannot be stopped if you want to retain the results.
- Hair transplant: it consists of moving hair grafts on hairless spots. However, keep in mind that this is a surgical procedure, and it is quite expensive and does not guarantee complete success. Actually, hair might fall before the definite growth process starts.
- Hairpieces, extensions, or wigs: these are made of synthetic or natural human hair and can give you a full head of hair in only a few seconds. Many sufferers of alopecia might not be able to recover lost hair; once a follicle dies it won't produce hair any longer. The only downside is that some wearers feel that they might look unnatural or certain activities might be limited.
If you are thinking of a permanent treatment with your own hair, this is your choice:
Finally, you have solutions that provide instant coverage and volume, whether on specific spots or all over:
The Best Way to Thicken Hair with Lack of VolumeSome people just have thin, frail hair; it's their texture. These characteristics are worsened by oiliness. It is difficult to get hair to hold any style, and it looks sparse even if it's not. This hair type has extra-fine strands that sit too close to one another. Luckily, these people still have options to nourish and strengthen the hair follicle, and most of them include protein, the main constituent of hair, which gives it thickness and structure.
A suitable hair care routine is crucial to thicken naturally fine hair. Here are some of the products you can include:
- Deep treatments with protein: get rich rinse-out treatments at least twice a month and make sure they include keratin, which thickens the hair strand.
- Thickening serum: this wonderful protein-filled product provides texture, body, and a thicker feel to your hair.
- Sulfate- and paraben-free shampoo and conditioner: these hair care staples need to be super gentle if you have thin hair. Ditch your regular products and get a professional formula without the drying detergents.
- No heat styling: last but not least, do your thin hair a favor and avoid breaking its protein bonds by abusing the use of the blow-dryer and flat iron.
The Best Way to Thicken Hair with BreakageIf you have made indiscriminate use of hair chemicals (coloring, perms, bleaching) and also caused mechanical damage (from heat tools and rough handling), chances are your thin hair is just a case of extreme breakage. Hair is made up of keratin, but as resilient as this protein is, the aforementioned enemies degrade it to the point of no return.
The keratinized hair cuticles (which look like roof shingles) are responsible for hair shine too, so if the keratin structure is destroyed, hair looks dull and brittle.
You can still avoid breakage from progressing by doing the following:
- Get frequent haircuts: this strategy stops split ends from progressing. Actually, a haircut is the only surefire way to get rid of split ends, and it gives you healthier, bouncier, and more beautiful hair.
- Take hair growth supplements: these specially made pills take care of your hair from the inside. They contain essential nutrients that aid in protein synthesis and replacement, so they induce growth little by little.
- Treat your hair with extreme care: this goes from avoiding chemicals to the right techniques to shampoo, towel- or air-dry, comb, and even style your hair. You shouldn't even touch your hair a lot!
- Use hair oils or shine drops: don't forget to add shine to your daily style to improve the appearance of your damaged hair.
As you can see, there are several strategies to get thicker hair, and all of them should include special daily hair care for thin hair. The Cosmetic Republic USA provides just that: professional solutions for thin and thinning hair. Call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form on this website to get in touch with us and learn everything about our products. Also, subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news about us right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair solutions? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA, Twitter @TheCosmeticrUSA and Instagram @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA