Root Concealers Are the Best Quarantine Hair Help to Hide Gray Roots
May 21, 2020The COVID-19 has upended the world in many ways and continues bringing new changes even months after its outbreak in the US. With such drastic changes in our regular routine, no one would blame you if your hair care habits slipped your mind from time to time. If you have gray roots, embracing the grays might be the quickest approach during the quarantine, but resuming your hair care treatments will be all the more bothersome once it's finally time to go back to the real world. Root concealers have always been a popular option to treat gray hairs, and now, they represent the ultimate solution to help you take care of your hair without leaving the house.
Why Should You Choose Root Concealers?With no end in sight to the quarantine and social distance regulations, we understand the need to avoid risks and efforts in your hair care treatment. Among many options to cover gray roots at home, root concealers are probably are the safest and most effective alternatives, as long as you don't mind dedicating a few minutes of your day to their application.
Root concealers cover all the gray roots while taking the exact shade of the colored strands. They are useful to enhance highlights, but they truly stand out for achieving a seamless blend where you won't be able to tell the gray strands from the colored hairs. The natural pigments resembling the pigmentation cells on human hairs are their main ingredient and the ones responsible for obtaining such natural and lasting results. We now bring you each of the reasons why root concealers are your best bet during the quarantine:
- No Hair Damage: The last thing you want to do is damage your hair with aggressive substances that won't make your gray roots disappear for good. If you want to keep your hair's volume, you need to take care of your gray strands, and chemical additives will only make them all the more vulnerable to damage after having lost their natural pigmentation. Acting only on a surface level, root concealers will enhance your natural hair color while nourishing your gray roots with natural pigments that are both ammonia and peroxide-free.
- Easy Application: After applying root concealers, you don't have to worry about additional treatments that are only available at beauty salons and you won't need to purchase other products to keep their effects on your hair. Thanks to its 180º spray nozzle, you can apply the product yourself with no effort or waste. You just need to keep the bottle at a medium distance from your gray roots and wait between layers as the concealer is fixed to the hair.
- Instant Results: Unlike hair dyes, root concealers will show you the final result as soon as you finish applying the product. You won't have to work through several sessions to get the right look and you won't have to worry about the effects wearing off after a few hours. Even when hair dyes can stay on your hair during the shower, they often fail to cover all the gray roots on the first try, leading to extra work and more damage to the strands.
- Minimal Waste: As mentioned above, you can use root concealers in very small amounts to achieve a perfect blending with your colored hairs. In a time when economization is imperative, The Cosmetic Republic's root concealer ensures precision and an estimated 75 applications per bottle. Even if your gray roots make up more than 40% of your strands, you'll be able to achieve a natural effect after spraying a couple of times.
- Long-Lasting Effects: One of the reasons why the root concealer can last for many applications is the long duration of its effects once it's stuck to the hair. While smears and stains are common drawbacks in some cases, a quality root concealer stays fixed on the hair through movement, sweat, and temperature changes.
Useful Tips to Keep in Mind
Root concealers are effective and safe for all types of hair. If you're trying them for the first time, however, it's still important to know about the following tips to guarantee a smooth, easy process all around.
- Apply root concealers while your hair is clean, but wait until it's fully dry. Read our blog post "How to Apply Root Concealer" to learn about the process in relation to the product's format (spray, gels, powders, etc)
- While it's important to remember that different products have variable success rates depending on your hair type, spray root concealers are usually beneficial for all types of hair.
- If you have different hair coloration, you might have to try mixing different shades of the root concealer before reaching a natural-looking appearance.
- Remove the product scrubbing it off your scalp while shampooing your hair.
- While you can leave the product on for as long as you want, you won't be helping your hair if you let it go unwashed for more than a couple of days. Accumulating oils and residues on the strands will only make it harder to treat them later on.
Staying home is no reason to give up on your hair care routine. With a quality root concealer, you don't have to come up with convoluted ways to cover your gray roots while you wait out the quarantine. Though the most reliable shipping services, The Cosmetic Republic USA will bring you the products you need to continue helping your roots, strands, and scalp with no disruptions in your hair care treatments. Call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact to request our products and get the best recommendation from the most knowledgeable hair care experts. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair solutions? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA, Twitter @TheCosmeticrUSA and Instagram @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA