How Do Men Dye Their Roots?
September 09, 2020Gray roots are a frequent problem for both men and women, but concealing tactics might change from one gender to the next. Since most men wear their hair short and are usually less experienced when it comes to using hair dyes, their approach might be drastically different. Both permanent coloring and Root concealer are equally effective ways to upkeep a natural look and both are used on the regular by many men to hide their grays. Let's take a closer look at the methods chosen by men to find out what's the best solution for them.
When Do Men Start Going Gray?Genetics and ethnicity play a huge role in the process (Caucasians are known for developing gray hairs before people from other races), with most men start going gray between their mid-30s and 40s. Some men start getting gray hair in their early twenties, and this can be attributed to genetics or to medical conditions like thyroid and heart disease. Stress and low levels of vitamin B12 are also important factors that can accelerate the process even if they are not the direct causes of gray hairs. In general, men go gray earlier than women, and this is enhanced by the fact that women are more culturally predisposed to cover their grays as soon as they start showing up.
How Often Do Men Dye their Hair?There's a reason why men favor different products and methods for their hair care routines. Even now that more men dabble in hair care procedures that used to be exclusively for women, most of them still favor brevity and practicality. In most cases, they don't grow their hair beyond shoulder length and their hairstyles are simple enough that they don't run the risk of falling apart throughout the day.
Without trying to fall into generalizations, we can say that a considerable majority of men will gladly dodge a visit to the barber/hair salon if they have the option to color their hair from the comfort of their own house. These men wear hairstyles that can usually be maintained without spending hundreds of dollars' worth of monthly color jobs.
Of course, highlights and/or drastic color changes are not limited to women. Such services yield better results when performed by a professional hairstylist and this is just as relevant for men. Despite all this, when we see men looking for options to dye their hair, it is usually to cover gray roots. Their preferred method will determine how often they need to get a new coat of color, so how do they choose to do it?
- At-home hair dying: While many men wish to avoid the hassle of going to the salon, the prospect of long-term results is attractive enough for them to try their hand at different hair dyes. The current quarantine has only intensified this trend, with many brands promoting new products and ensuring natural results with simple instructions that clients can follow without help.
- Permanent color: This solution ensures that you won't have to worry about your gray hairs for many weeks but it can lead to a very drastic color change. There are many shades in the market that will help you get a natural result, but if you simply want to cover your roots, this option might be a bit too much for you.
- Semi-permanent and demi-permanent color: These are common choices for those who want to focus on the roots without drastically changing their original hair color. While both options are free of ammonia, demi-permanent dyes contain enough peroxide to make the effects remain for twice as long. Demi-permanent hair dyes will lift the hair cuticle to fix the color but the risks of hair damage are still much lower than what you'd get with a permanent dye. Both of these options are useful to highlight your natural hair color but they also work best when the gray roots don't take more than 25% of the hair.
- Root concealer: Another ideal option to touch up the roots without having to worry about the rest of the hair. Root concealers must be reapplied after each wash, but it takes little time for them to blend with your hair color, providing a natural appearance in a matter of minutes. The root concealer is 100% free of toxic ingredients and comes in a variety of shades to guarantee a perfect blend. The Cosmetic Republic also provides an ergonomic 180° spray diffuser to ensure precision and avoid product waste. This is one of the most practical and cost-effective options around.
- New hairstyles: many men follow the recommendations of stylists to try new hairstyles that either conceal the grays or display them in a more flattering way. Combing all the hair back and keeping the sides short are common tactics, but it will all depend on where your gray roots are located.
While there is no cure for gray hairs, there are many options available for you if you want to take the spotlight away from your gray roots. You don't need to go for a permanent hair dye when your gray hairs are all the more sensitive to hair damage. The Cosmetic Republic USA offers easy, non-invasive solutions to cover gray areas naturally. You can rejuvenate your entire look in just a few minutes and be free of worries for months. Contact The Cosmetic Republic USA to know about all of our products. Our haircare formulas guarantee healthier hair and no side effects. Just call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form and we'll be happy to answer to all your questions. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair solutions? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA, Twitter @TheCosmeticrUSA and Instagram @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA