How Do I Use Hyaluronic Acid on my Hair?
October 01, 2020Hyaluronic acid is currently a huge hit in the beauty industry. After catching the attention of different brands, the moisturizing properties of hyaluronic acid have become the star ingredient in a variety of skin and hair care products. When it comes to effective hair conditioners, formulas enriched with hyaluronic acid like the Detox Wrap are a safe bet to maintain the health of your strands. Let us show you how hyaluronic acid fits into your hair care routine and all the benefits it has for your hair.
What's Hyaluronic Acid?Hyaluronic acid is a substance that the human body produces naturally. It has a gooey, gel-like consistency that serves to maintain the skin's moisture levels, retaining up to six liters of water and hydrating tissues and nerves in the process. Because of this, hyaluronic acid is often used on creams and lotions to moisturize the skin and dull the effects of dryness. While this is probably its most notable feature, the benefits of hyaluronic acid are not limited to skincare. When combined with the right components, formulas infused with hyaluronic acid can be used as supplements, eye drops, serums, or injections to treat wounds and different deficiencies. Its moisturizing properties are just as effective on the hair, with a powerful revitalizing effect that makes the strands stronger and brighter with regular use.
How Does Hyaluronic Acid Help my Hair?Hyaluronic acid is associated with skincare products first and foremost, so the benefits it provides to the hair are not as well-known. In truth, the skin around the scalp is as receptive to its properties as the skin on any other part of the body, so the right concentration of hyaluronic acid on leave-in treatments can bring such deep nourishment that the hair starts growing stronger and more flexible as a result.
Some of the benefits of hyaluronic acid on hair care products are:
- It stimulates hair growth, quickening the process so the strands grow more evenly on areas where the hair has started thinning. Because of this, hyaluronic acid is used in medical treatments against different types of hair loss problems.
- It gives more volume by increasing the strand's diameter and making the hair thicker.
- It moisturizes and nourishes the scalp. Since the strands are hydrated from the root, their elasticity is also improved.
The Right Way to Use it in your Hair Care RoutineAs we mentioned before, products based on hyaluronic acid take many formats and act differently depending on the conditions they're meant to treat. Similarly, hair care products enriched with the substance are available in different presentations for either topical or general application. When it comes to the general composition of these products, collagen, Biotin, Amino Acids, and keratin are all ingredients that work with hyaluronic acid to provide a strong revitalizing effect. Similar to what happens with skincare products, the hyaluronic acid in these hair formulas enhances the nourishing effect of other components and promotes the production of collagen on the body. By contrast, alcohol and artificial fragrances will dull its moisturizing properties and irritate the scalp.
The most common hair care products enriched with hyaluronic acid are:
- Leave-in serums: They are quick to enhance shine and provide hydration. These serums are applied to newly washed hair and spread around the scalp through gentle massaging motions.
- Shower serums: Unlike leave-in treatments, these serums are mixed with conditioner during the shower and removed as you rinse off your hair. These types of serums work mostly on the strands and not the scalp.
- Shampoos and conditioners: Hyaluronic acid can be directly added to the shampoo formula to hydrate the hair during the shower. There must be a high concentration of hyaluronic acid to provide the expected results without the help of other hair care treatments. Also, the way hyaluronic acid works with the other ingredients in the shampoo/conditioner will determine the overall effectiveness of the product.
The Exclusive Detox WrapThe deep conditioner developed by The Cosmetic Republic USA detoxifies your hair and scalp while providing deep moisturization that will instantly revive your hair's look. This signature addition in our line of hair care products provides a treatment that's deep but non-invasive, free of synthetic components, and boosted by a thermal action that ensures that all nourishing properties are seamlessly absorbed in only 15 minutes. Each thermal wrap contains 35 gr of product, more than enough to make its revitalizing effect last for up to two weeks after application. To treat your hair with all the benefits of hyaluronic acid, you just need to follow five simple steps:
- Shampoo and towel-dry your hair before applying. The Detox Wrap works best on damp hair, so be sure to apply without scrubbing off the shampoo and don't use it when the hair is fully dry.
- Take the wrap off the package and use it to wrap your hair around your head. Then, fix the sticker on the side to keep in place.
- Leave the wrap on for 15 minutes and massage your scalp gently during that time.
- Remove from scalp and rinse off your hair with warm water to remove the shampoo.
- You can blow-dry your hair afterward or let it dry on its own.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair solutions? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA, Twitter @TheCosmeticrUSA and Instagram @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA