4 Tips to Cover Hair Patches at Home
June 05, 2020It's never pleasant to find bald patches on your head, especially when hair loss solutions are hard to come by. Hair patches force us to change some of our hair care habits, and this can be particularly difficult when you have a routine you're comfortable with. To top it all off, the social distancing rules enacted in response to the COVID-19 are probably making your hair care routine suffer if you have no way to access to the best products and treatments. Keratin hair fibers are among the most effective solutions to hair patches, so now we bring you some useful tips to complement their revitalizing effects on your hair and cover all your hair patches at home.
What Causes Hair Patches?Hair patches are a problem that surprises men and women at different stages of life. From genetics to a poor diet, many things can alter the hair's growth cycle, and this is why hair patches appear at wildly different times from one person to the next. With men, bald spots are often more prominent, usually extending from the crown or the back of the head.
Women, however, also deal with slightly receding hairlines or bald patches that grow consistently when the condition is severe (alopecia areata, etc). You can always prevent their appearance with a vitamin-rich diet and additional hair treatments, but there's no way to tell how hair patches will affect you until they start showing up.
How to Cover Hair Patches at HomeWhen hair patches become too noticeable, people usually turn to professional treatments or incorporate a series of products to their hair care routine. Depending on where you live and the local laws in your area, the current circumstances might make it hard for you to keep up with all the options available. It might be impossible to book an appointment with the hairstylist or continue with an ongoing hair loss treatment. Since social distancing entails spending most (if not all) of our time at home, you can always let your hair patches show knowing few people will be there to see them, but what happens when you want to keep your bald spots in check at home? Extended at-home time is no reason to ease up on your hair care routine. If anything, it's more time to pamper your hair and do some hands-on work on your hair patches. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Don't Wash Your Hair too Often: If you lack any of the usual products in your hair care routine, don't try to make up for it with more shampooing sessions. You will only accumulate more residues on your scalp and your strands will get more brittle and prone to falling. Sticking to your regular washing routine with a multivitamin shampoo will provide your hair with all the necessary properties to restore the strands and keep them from shedding.
- Keep your Going-out Hairstyle: If you have long hair, you might be tempted to tie it back and call it a day. This might seem like the best time to stop worrying while showing off your receding hairline, but at least keep from pulling and twisting too tight or you'll be hurting the strands for hours at a time. If you want to keep your hair off your face, clips are a good way to do the job. They can also get your strands used to new hairstyles that cover the hair patches more effectively, and styling your hair will come more naturally when it's time to leave the house.
- Hair Loss Treatments: With all public venues closed, it's difficult to find what you need to cover your hair patches at home. Fortunately, The Cosmetic Republic USA continues bringing the best hair care products right to your doorstep. With the Keratin Hair Fibers, you can cover all your bald spots in just a few minutes, and your hair will maintain its volume and thickness for hours on end. You can use the keratin comb and the Mist hairspray to spread the fibers and fix them on the hair, achieving a uniform effect that will make your hair look fuller from all angles. With up to 75 applications in just one bottle, you'll be set for weeks without having to worry about losing the progress you've made nourishing your hair in the past months.
- Home Remedies: If you're short of money or have limited access to hair care products, you can nourish the hair with natural ingredients that will help your hair grow thicker and more resistant to breakage. Most of these solutions can be directly massaged on the scalp and rinsed off after a couple of hours. Some options are:
- Castor Oil: Improves blood circulation and protects from inflammation.
- Pumpkin Oil: Neutralizes the effects of androgenic alopecia.
- Peppermint Oil: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
- Lemon Juice: Rich in vitamin C, strengthens the hair and cleanses the scalp.
- Coconut powder is another common choice when it comes to covering small hair patches but it can be very difficult to reach a natural effect when it doesn't match your hair's natural color.
Keep nourishing your hair and countering the effects of hair loss. The Cosmetic Republic USA is working full time to reach more people with the best hair loss solutions. If you want a simple way to treat hair patches without leaving the comfort of your home, you can call Call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form and we'll show you the best way to introduce our products to your hair care routine. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get all our info right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair solutions? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA, Twitter @TheCosmeticrUSA and Instagram @TheCosmeticRepublicUSA